Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Project 1 Proposal

My idea for project 1 is to use photography and more specifically portrait photography. I have always been interested in portrait photography so I feel this would be a good way to continue working with what I enjoy. I have taken hundreds of portraits in the past but I have never created a moving or looped portrait. I had a hard time coming up with what I could possibly do and still am not 100% sure about my idea. At first I wanted to do something with the dolly zoom, where I would keep the person in one spot but make the background zoom in or out. I then came across cinema graphs where one part of an image is moving on a loop but the rest is still but this has been done so many times. My last and final idea is to create something similar to a cinema graph but not exactly the same. I would like to shoot a video of a person as if I am taking their portrait but have them stay completely still for an entire minute. I will have them hold a lit cigarette or have their hair blowing in the wind or something to show that it is a video and not an image. I think it will be interesting to see if this works out and if people will be able to tell what I was going for.



This is an image I took a while ago which I think would be perfect because of the smoke from the cigarette and also the wind blowing her hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment