Monday, March 2, 2015

Project 2 Proposal

For my second project I would like to use my same video portrait that I did for my first project. I'm thinking for this one I will do what Robert Wilson did with his other video portraits and not base it off a famous painting but just do a portrait. I will have to get more creative with this one but I think this will make it more fun for me because I will not be only focusing on one painting, I will be able to create something based on whatever I like. Robert Wilson still took into account everything like lighting, costume, makeup, choreography, gesture, set design, and narrative. I will be able to come up with these ideas completely on my own, or maybe even try to copy one of his.



For this project I would also like fix some of the issues I had with the last one like the shadow, and also how I portray time. This project will be different because it will not only have to be one minute in length and I can decide how I would like to show people that time is passing. I am still happy with using photoshop and final cut pro so I think I will stick with those unless I see any other possibilities of how I could make the project better. I think that will have to come once I figure out what my portrait is going to be.

Another thing I need to consider is how I am going to make this project interactive. At first all I could think about was putting my video on youtube, because I am very familiar with youtube and I could do something with linking the video to another portrait or something. Then as I was procrastinating on Reddit trying to think of ideas, I thought to myself, why wouldn't I post it on Reddit? Reddit is a social networking service and news website where anyone who signs up can submit content like text posts or direct links. You can comment on each post and can either "up vote" it or "down vote" it based on if you like the post or not. Reddit consumes probably around 4 hours of my life every day and I can't think of a better place to put my project to see how other redditers react to it.

Another idea would be that I could create an image based on what I think people on Reddit would like. For example Reddit has certain characteristics such as liking cats, bacon, and girls and people will sometimes create images with everything redditers like just to get up votes. I could base it off the idea of "break the internet" but it would be "break Reddit." But that is just an idea... that might be hard to do. There are also many other things to take into account when posting to Reddit like the title of the post (which is huge) and also the time of day when you post it and also which subreddit you post it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment